A list of reasons for me to change jobs…
- I can build this list while waiting for the Archive site to load a new file
- I spend more time waiting for a database than using it
- My work tasks are so routine I am yawning when I know I’m not tired or overheating but just plain bored with what I’m doing
- When there hasn’t been any career development for me since October 2014 and it is now 2017
- When challenges are no longer a challenge and have become routine as well
- When I wake up excited at 4am to send a Thank You note for an interview
- When I change managers for the 9th time in just under 9 years
- When I have finally caught up the backlog of archives and it is now a routine maintenance thing
- When I spend more time reading articles on changing jobs or about becoming a business analyst than working since I’m stuck waiting for systems to load
Don’t get me wrong, I still kinda like this job and specifically the team now but I am bored out of my mind and seeking things to do to engage myself! I’m also waiting for IT support so I can continue with a pet project that needs to be working by the end of the week or at least moderately functional.
So now that I know I want out and have my reasons as to why I need to keep looking for the where to go to portion since I know my target job. Patience and looking for just the right company and just the right opportunity that will provide the necessary challenges and solve the required issues I have with life for now.
Meanwhile I finish the pile of archiving that includes stuff from before I started with SDS that was unearthed from a hoard of files when a manager left last month. It does feel good to get this stuff entered and ready to get out of here. I only have about 6 files to go right now which is nice since when I’m done another box leaves my office.
I suppose I should build an equal list of what I like about this job….
- I have the time to do side projects like this for my own satisfaction
- I am no longer micro-managed
- I control what I do and in what order I do it in as long as everything is done
- I can create my own procedures so that things are logical and smooth flowing based on how I work